AMRI has deep expertise in the profiling, identification and structural characterization of metabolites from both in vitro and in vivo studies. We leverage state-of-the-art technology, such as high-resolution SCIEX TripleTOF 6600 and SCIEX QTrap 6500 mass spectrometers and advanced software, for accurate, reliable metabolite identification and structural characterization.
In addition, we provide both chemical synthetic and biocatalytic approaches to produce authentic human and animal metabolites as reference standards at reasonable prices. Our catalyst and reaction-condition optimization improve metabolite yields and reduce cost.
Our complete suite of capabilities include:
- Liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
- Select chemical synthetic or biocatalytic approaches to synthesis
- Biocatalytic pilot studies
- Inclusion of catalysts such as mammalian liver fractions, a microbial system mimicking human metabolism or human recombinant proteins
- Varying reaction conditions to optimize the abundance and yield of metabolite
- Small-scale reaction and comparison of metabolite and LC/MS/MS profile to original metabolite of biological organ
- Scale-up reaction and metabolite purification